Total Pageviews

Friday, April 24, 2015

What my heart said…

My journey with Amnesty International Nepal- Nepal Youth Network since one and half year has changed me a lot. I emceed in different events organized by NYN and it has really boosted me to build more confidence.

Today, Prashamsha and I gave the presentation on ‘Street Harassment’ which was held at Himalayan white House College after the successful program at King’s college which was held on April 3. Whenever I need to speak, I always speak from my heart. Honesty is the best policy, isn’t it? I know the program started lately, OMG technical problem was a really horrible situation. Apekshya di and I were so worried that we’re like what the hell is happening today. It means we’re poor at management. It’s a learning process and no matter how many times we fall, I know my NYN team is ready to stand up and will try not to repeat this mistake again.

The best thing was it started as a formal program but during the mid-session I felt like; I was speaking in front of my family. I have jotted down the best part that I felt during the program.
MS Asmita Verma (President of Maryada Nepal): I was always inspired from her post on Facebook. We’re friends on Facebook but we had never talked before. Today I got an opportunity to meet her. She’s an inspiration to many youth that’s what I believe. A girl who is just 3 years elder than me and has done a lot. This again motivated me to do more and more. Thank you Asmita di! I was grateful to have you on today’s program as a guest. It would be my pleasure to work with you for a change of our nation. Keep on inspiring di.

Priyanka Pokhrel (MC): Priyanka, I still remember how you said,” Nita I’ll do MC” and see you did it. No one is perfect in this world but the thing is we need to give our best not to repeat the mistake and I believe that is how we grow. You made me to write this today. You know why? Because after every audience appreciated our presentation, you’re the one to salute in front of that mass and that moment made me proud to say NYN is a family. I don’t know about the future but till this date I can say NYN is a family, the best team that will help you to grow. To have a friend like you and the guts you showed today made the strong bond. Keep growing, keep growing! I’ll always support you, if that helps you to grow positively. All the best for your future!

Sakshi Manot (Managing Director) and Aslesha Pant: Sakshi when you posted a picture after I said which was of 1st phase of this workshop you remember right? What I said? Your voice was amazing. Why on earth did I forget to record that? But you’re always there for me. I know that and your support means a lot to me. Thank you for being an amazing friend and the thing I want to say to you is, life goes on and I might be with you on your special occasion but remember if I can help you ever in this life time, whatever I can I’ll. You’re growing and you have a very good future. Go ahead! NYN has become a family right?

Aslesha, My friend, we both love listening GNR. You know what, Ice breaking game, I used to do that and still I do but when I see two of my friends doing the same makes me feel so special. The way you handled this session was awesome. Working with team is great, Working with friends is greater but when you work with family it’s the greatest one. NYN is a platform for us to change, to grow and let each other grow on their passion/dreams.

I believe you both have learned that it’s hard to handle an event. Even I’m not perfect but that’s what I learned today. Let’s work together, let’s bring change, and let’s help each other to grow. Being a management student, this is what I learned today.

Prashamsha (My presenter Partner): Honey! We did it. We used to talk in class and always wanted to change this culture. In front of the mass of 50-55 at least we shared our dreams/vision with them. Even if one people tried to be the change that would be the happiest moment for us, isn’t it? I’m happy you’re with me and we worked together to bring humanity.

Apekshya Niraula (Founder coordinator of NYN): This moment would have been impossible without you di. How did I meet you? Remember on that Rangoli Competition?  How we started talking and we went for a sister zone. There were tears on my eyes when we chatted and how far we have come. Feels so great di! You are the one whom I always treat like a sister. Yes, we’ll grow and help each other to grow. Thank you! Being a member of NYN is a proud thing for me.
And thank you all the participants for being with us. It’d have been impossible without your support. Thank you!

So my bottom line is, we’re a family and we must help each other to grow. We need to believe in humanity and we must have humanity to become a human. Today was a memorable day for me and will always remember this moment in my life time.

There are things that we must improve and we’ll. Nepali ma cha ni,” Hindney manchey ladcha” but you know what hindney manchey if kunai destination ma jana chahancha bhaney tyo uthcha ani josley j sukai bhaney pani kailey haresh khana.” Hami ni hindney manchey haun and we’ll never give up on things we want to do. The power of not giving up will definitely take us to the height. Imagine the day we all are success on our dreams and talk about this one day. We need each other don’t we? Let’s be together on each other dream and support each other to the extent we can. That is how we can have satisfaction in life. This is what NYN has taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment